If you downloaded TikTok in 2020, you might remember the Sour Patch grape trend. People would record themselves pouring lime juice over their grapes and tossing them in some sugar before indulging in the candy-like treat on camera. Of course, that was well before Emily Mariko took the app by storm with her viral salmon rice bowl.
Now, TikTok's favourite foodie, by no surprise, has come up with her own twist on the grape trend. Instead of regular grapes, Mariko uses cotton-candy grapes. And rather than haphazardly tossing them in a bowl of lime juice and sugar, in true Mariko fashion, she carefully marinates them in a mixture of freshly squeezed lime and lemon juice. She then goes on to coat each grape, one by one, in sugar, before sticking them in the freezer.
Very excited to try these later♬ original sound - Emily Mariko
Is it worth all the extra effort? Well, you'll just have to see (and taste) for yourself. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions for making this simple snack.
- 500g cotton-candy grapes
- Rinse and dry the grapes and remove them from their stems. Transfer the grapes into a large bowl.
- Halve the limes and lemon, and squeeze the juice over the grapes. Gently stir to make sure every grape is wet.
- Add the sugar to a separate bowl, and drop in each grape. Toss with a fork to coat thoroughly in sugar.
- Place the grapes on a baking sheet or a plate, then put them in the freezer.
- Let them sit for about four hours or until fully frozen before enjoying.
- 500g grapes
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds